blog: Wade Alin
subject: (no subject)
Posted on May 19, 2004 at 5:12 PM
what had really had happened was . . seriously, my commitment to blogging has not wavered a bit. my commitment to finding wi-fi, on the other hand, has. it's hard to top or even compete with charlie's obsession to the world of wireless internet. if i followed him around for a day you would probably get a blog every 10-15 minutes. oh, and i'll be teaching the 400 level class in tour drama at UIC this winter semester (the real reason i've been blogless.) charlie's is just a lot more datariffic than i am and that's the truth.
let's see, a quick recap.
- new haven. i'm all about this place. it was a good show. i may or may not have contributed to the delinquency of a minor.
- hartford. met the mendicant downline boys from over at the CA forum - super nice guys. Also hung out with Percy from Cylab/Atomica. Can't say a great deal about the show other than it inspired me to backup my live set.
- dc. 12yup12yup12yup12yup. it was a fun night but not a fun show. honestly, as much as i shouldn't air these opinions, i think i'm over nation and i think they're over me. it just feels like the promoter only books us because of our capitol ballroom past. 60+ people asked me when we were going on, atleast 20+ asked brian. all this after we played. (9 PM) On the plus side, SMG tore some shit up and properly represented the DT crew. Karlos, a very patient man, again sat the night out.
- smithtown. holy fucking punk rock. a huge thanks to john and andrea for the meal of the tour and their unparalleled kindness.
- new york. this night was very much like when i lived in new york. it had only been a few months since i'd been back and i've gone there atleast once every 6 months since i moved. i technically work there. i don't think i'll ever feel quite as much "at home" anywhere else in the world. the show was excellent. as far as the non breakage version of ca, this was our best performance of the tour. a kid even showed up wearing a deerslayer shirt (he had made himself). Karlos was amazing (joined by charlie on drums and hellraver from terrorfact) it was the perfect night. and then, very much like the time i lived in the city, keeping it real went very wrong. too much alcohol, too many line cooks working with the lunch expediter. i haven't read CR's apology to Karlos but i know i owe him one myself as well. Karlos almost certainly walked out of the batcave at 4 am feeling the same way i did an hour earlier - on top of the world, having fun, just lovin it. and while there were mild showers on my parade an hour earlier, he got the full on tropical hurricane tornado combo. My phone died and from what i gather - I was next. I won't attempt to go into detail but for real - Karlos, I'm sorry.
- va beach. no.
- baltimore. that was last night. yesterday overall was a really good day. a character testing good day and i'd say we all came out on top. while we sat and quivered at the thought of a va beach reoccurrence, everything turned out okay.
Sister Machine Gun
· Chris Randall
· Miguel Turanzas
· Brian McDaniel
(The Embedded Newsgrouper)
· Wade Alin
View All Blogs »
Listen to Sister Machine Gun, Christ Analogue & Manufactura on kPOSI!
· Sister Machine Gun
· Christ Analogue
· Positron! Records
· Flagrant Records
· Hive Records
· Auricle Media
Copyright © 2020 Positron! Records, Inc.